How contemporary do you really want your flooring to be?
Many homeowners are wondering how to update their homes to reflect a modern design. Modern interior design is a reflection of today’s most current image. It often pays homage to the best styles of the past while giving a fresh, modern spin.
Your flooring is a great place to start when updating your home to reflect a modern style. Modern homes have floors that match the sleek lines of this style. It doesn’t take much to find the perfect modern flooring for your home. It is easy to understand the basic principles of contemporary design and which elements you should include or avoid.
Modern and Contemporary Home Styles
Interior design trends change with fashion. The old fashion trends are now retro, and the avant-garde is now classic. What happens if you want to see a little bit of each design period? Contemporary design allows you to seamlessly blend different styles into one look.
Designers are able to bring their creative flair to interior design in contemporary styles. Designers may use mid-century modern furniture to contrast with traditional pieces. Designers might also pair futuristic pieces with architectural art-deco accents.
While styles are always changing, there are a few key elements to modern interiors today:
- Neutral Tone: Contemporary design features a neutral palette as the basis for the room’s colour scheme. Tone-on–tone is a popular design trend today. Designers often use multiple shades of browns and taupes in a room’s colour scheme. Accents such as throw rugs and pillows, lamps, artwork, and lamps are scattered throughout a modern home.
- Metallic accents: Metals are replacing wood furniture in the form of metallics in gold, silver, rose gold, and chrome. Modern homes use metallic accents in picture frames and side tables. Metal light fixtures are also used strategically to add form and function.
- Mixed textures: Contemporary homes tend to be neutral in tone, so it is important not to make the space look too boring. Contemporary homes don’t shy away from mixing textures to offset their simplicity. Although mixing textures is encouraged in contemporary homes, they encourage the use of complementary or matching colours to tie fabrics together.
- Minimalism: In a modern home, less is more. Modern designers know how to make the most of white space. This allows for the items to be placed in a way that creates a simple and clean vibe. Avoid cluttering your rooms with bulky or too many pieces. To achieve a contemporary look, it is important to limit the use of bold patterns.
The Best Flooring Types To Match Contemporary and Modern Home Styles
It can be difficult to achieve a modern, contemporary look in a home, whether you are renovating an existing one or designing a new one. It’s important to consider how flooring will affect the space in a room. This is why it’s essential to have a consistent style.
Designers often start with their flooring and use it as an anchor to the rest of the home. The flooring you choose will influence your paint choice, furniture colour, and decor tones and textures. The flooring layout determines the placement of furniture and how they will flow together.
These contemporary flooring options will help you create the home of your dreams.
- Tile: Tile flooring meets several contemporary design criteria. Ceramic and porcelain tiles are available in a variety of neutral tones, including rich browns, sophisticated slate greys, refined ivories, and rich ivories. Tile gives the flooring a unique texture, as it is designed to look like natural minerals. Tile adds dimension to any space, whether it is made of stone or wood.
- Hardwood is a timeless and modern option for flooring. It adds warmth to any design. Modern wood floors are a great choice because they promote a neutral palette that includes rich browns and light beiges. Hardwood can be used as a flexible flooring option. It will naturally evolve with any interior design changes you make.
- Laminate: Today’s laminate flooring can replicate the look of ceramic, wood or tile flooring. It also offers a high level of durability and long-term stability. Laminate flooring is a great option for modern homes. It can be authentic and stylish, but it’s a fraction of what you would pay.
- Vinyl: Vinyl flooring is one of the most sought-after flooring options in modern homes. It has seen a lot of innovation over the years. Vinyl flooring can be replicated in natural materials and comes in a variety of stone- or wood-like designs. This gives you the modern texture that you desire. Vinyl flooring can be used to achieve the concrete or grey tile look in modern bathrooms and kitchens. Vinyl flooring is an economical and long-lasting option for family homes.
- Modern carpeting: Add warmth to your home with contemporary carpeting. While carpet is always a desirable choice for bedrooms and living spaces, it doesn’t mean that you should sacrifice modern aesthetics. Although shag or plush carpeting (also known as high-pile carpeting) is not a modern look, Berber and sisal low pile carpets provide a more minimalist look. Carpet offers a wide range of neutral colours to choose from when creating your modern palette.
The best way to bring your home’s design up-to-date is to redecorate its flooring. It will give it a modern, elegant, and sleek look. You can transform any type of flooring into a modern look in your living, bedroom, kitchen, or bathroom by choosing the right colours.
50 Floors for Contemporary and Modern Flooring Options
Modern, contemporary styles have certain guidelines. However, each homeowner can decide how they want to create the look. Modern flooring options will give your home a sophisticated yet modern appearance.
Modern-style homeowners have many choices when it comes to flooring. Virtually any material can provide the elegant, clean look that is associated with modern homes. 50 Floor offers the best contemporary flooring options, including hardwood and natural tile, as well as vinyl and versatile laminate. Classic carpet is also available.
We will help you select high-quality flooring at an affordable price that will instantly transform your home. Call us today to set up a consultation in your home.