Vinyl Flooring: Types and Installation In Melbourne
Vinyl flooring is usually the best choice for people looking to have a durable, long-lasting, and easy-to-clean surface. Suppose you’re considering installing vinyl flooring in your home or business. In that case, this blog post will help you decide on which type of vinyl to purchase and where it would be best suited.
Main types of vinyl flooring in Melbourne
This type of vinyl is suitable for high traffic areas and protects against scratches, stains, and spills. It isn’t very durable but is easy to clean and won’t need much maintenance.
This type of vinyl flooring is similar to luxury vinyl. Still, it has a look and feel of carpet with a loop pile or cut pile texture that can be made into different patterns depending on how you install the planks, such as herringbone or tiles. It also comes in various colours and is resistant to scuffs, scratches, fading, staining. It’s easy to clean but can’t be installed over hardwood floors or cement slabs unless installed on top of the subfloor.
Ceramic tile vinyl
This type of vinyl flooring has ceramic tiles as its pattern that can be applied to the vinyl floor. It gives a modern contemporary look and is suitable for high traffic areas. Still, it isn’t waterproof or resistant to scratches and stains, so it needs to be regularly cleaned with specialised cleaners.
Luxury vinyl tile
This type of luxury vinyl has a thicker PVC core than other types. It is very hard-wearing, scratch-resistant and durable with high resistance to stains too. You could install this in almost any room, but it’s also heavy, so make sure you have a good quality adhesive with minimal movement.
This is the most popular type of vinyl flooring on the market today. It has different patterns that include tiles, marble prints, etc., giving it an authentic wood look without going through all the maintenance required for natural woods. It’s very durable and easy to clean and has a high resistance to stains and scuffs.
It can be installed over most types of surfaces. Still, it should always be glued down with an adhesive containing minimal movement in areas with higher foot traffic. The tiles will expand and contract under pressure, causing loose grout between each tile.
Luxury vinyl planks
This type of luxury vinyl has a higher quality PVC core than most types of vinyl flooring. It has a beautiful rich texture with colours that resist fading. It’s also more resistant to wear and tear than other types of luxury vinyl. However, it can’t be installed over hardwood floors or other surfaces unless you install it on top of a cement board.
Advantages and disadvantages of Vinyl Flooring
In this section, I would like to talk about the advantages and disadvantages of vinyl flooring. Vinyl is one of Melbourne’s most popular types of flooring because it is an excellent alternative to carpet and can be installed almost anywhere.
The biggest advantage that vinyl has over other forms of flooring, such as carpet, is that it does not contain allergens. This means people with allergies will have an easier time living in your home if you install vinyl floors because they do not cause allergic reactions or irritate asthma sufferers’ lungs. Also, these floors are usually cheaper than hardwood or laminate floors which means you may get new floors for less money!
Vinyl flooring can be damaged by high traffic areas and may begin to look dull or dirty over time, but this happens with most types of flooring. Also, it’s essential to have a professional install vinyl floors because they are harder to fix if done incorrectly. Finally, this type of flooring is only available in planks, so you cannot lay tile with it.
Vinyl flooring is particularly viable in commercial settings such as restaurants, hospitals, schools, offices, and many more commercial properties because of its endurance, health benefits, and easy to clean and maintain characteristics.
Best places to Install Vinyl Flooring In The Home
This blog post has covered the types and installation of vinyl flooring. So, where is the best place to install this type of flooring?
This section will go over some popular areas for vinyl floors: kitchens, bathrooms, living rooms and hallways.
- Kitchens are a great space to install vinyl because spills are likely to happen, and you want a durable surface. In addition, vinyl is easy to clean, so it’s the perfect flooring for kitchens.
- Bathrooms can also benefit from vinyl floors because they’re waterproof but remember that these types of floors will not prevent mould growth if there is too much moisture in your bathroom or shower area.
- Living rooms and hallways are great places for vinyl floors because they’re long-lasting, easy to clean, affordable and durable. Also, these types of spaces tend not to have too much foot traffic, so scratches will only be seen by you!
Vinyl Installation for commercial properties
- Restaurant vinyl installation – Many businesses in the food industry have switched to vinyl flooring because it’s easy to clean, durable, and helps maintain a sanitary environment. Vinyl is also waterproof, which means spills can be cleaned easily without worrying about the floor getting stained or damaged.
Vinyl flooring is a great choice for restaurants because it doesn’t trap moisture like carpet and other types of luxury vinyl, which means mould will not grow in your restaurant if there are spills or damp floors from dishwashing. Also, this type of flooring can be installed almost anywhere, meaning you don’t need to stay within your budget to install it.
- Hospital vinyl installation – There are many places that vinyl flooring can be found, such as hospitals, schools, and office buildings. Vinyl flooring is an excellent choice for these types of spaces because they’re easy to clean and resistant to wear and tear. The most significant benefit of installing vinyl flooring in these spaces is that it doesn’t contain allergens and can be installed almost anywhere.
- Vinyl installation in schools – Vinyl flooring has been installed in many school buildings as it is easy to clean and maintain. Vinyl flooring also offers a safer surface as vinyl flooring is slip-resistant. This allows for schools to be safe environments for students.
- Vinyl installation in commercial buildings – Commercial buildings such as hospitals, schools, factories, offices and shops are among the most common places for vinyl flooring installation. These areas are not only occupied throughout the day but also at night. Vinyl flooring is durable and easy to maintain, making it an ideal choice for these commercial structures.
Vinyl flooring is an excellent choice for many commercial buildings. It’s usually less expensive than carpet or other types of flooring, and the installation process is simple.
Vinyl flooring comes in different styles and patterns to best suit your commercial building needs. Vinyl plank floors can also be installed to give a more traditional hardwood look and feel.
What are the benefits of vinyl flooring?
- Vinyl flooring is durable and easy to maintain, making it an ideal choice for commercial buildings.
- Vinyl planking can be installed for a more traditional hardwood look and feel.
- Many styles and patterns of vinyl flooring are available to best suit your commercial building needs.
What types of commercial buildings should consider vinyl installation?
Hospitals, schools, factories, offices and shops.
Vinyl plank flooring can be installed for a more traditional hardwood look and feel.
What are the common areas of installation?
Commercial buildings such as schools, factories, offices and shops.
What is vinyl flooring?
Vinyl flooring consists of three layers include two outer layers and one inner layer. The first outside layer is a protective film and the second outside layer is a foam or pad with a vinyl top. The final inside layer is an adhesive that holds the vinyl to the surface it’s being installed on.
What are some types of vinyl flooring available?
Vinyl flooring comes in many different colours, patterns, sizes, styles and thicknesses. There are also textured, patterned vinyl floors that come in multiple colours and solid sheet vinyl floors, wavy patterned sheets, and more.
Most popular types of vinyl flooring
The most popular type of vinyl flooring is a vinyl plank, which is a long, thin strip that comes in various sizes. It can be used to add some character to your room and is usually installed down the centre of the room.
Why use it?
Vinyl floors offer many benefits, including durability, anti-static properties, water resistance and ease of maintenance. Vinyl is durable enough to withstand even heavy traffic but also has an easy to clean surface, making it perfect for high traffic areas such as hallways, kitchens and bathrooms.
Which one should I choose?
There are many different types of vinyl flooring available on the market today, with new styles released regularly to suit every taste and preference. These include sheet vinyl, luxury vinyl tiles (LVT) or planks that look like wood, stone or tiles, luxury vinyl planks and tiles that look like marble or granite.
What is the best way to install it?
Vinyl flooring should be installed over a clean, dry surface with no existing covering such as carpet, vinyl or lino. You need to ensure there are no cracks in your subfloor or high moisture areas, as this may cause the flooring to warp or buckle over time.
The best vinyl and vinyl planks store in Melbourne
Yes, we have many types of different brands and styles available for you in our mobile showroom today. Fill out our quick contact form or give us a call on 0425 552 816.