How to clean vinyl plank flooring
Are you looking for the best way to clean vinyl plank flooring? This is the place for you! This article will help you maintain your vinyl plank flooring.
You can read on to learn more about cleaning vinyl plank flooring. Or, contact Carpet To Go to speak to one of our flooring specialists.
How can you clean vinyl plank flooring? What are the best tips and tools to clean vinyl plank flooring?
Our team of flooring experts has compiled a list of the best ways to clean vinyl flooring.
CarpetAce is available to answer any questions you may have about cleaning vinyl plank flooring.
3 Best Methods to Clean Vinyl Plank Flooring
Vinyl plank flooring cleaning can be divided into three categories: daily, weekly, and disaster cleaning.
To keep dirt and dust at bay, give your vinyl plank floors an occasional light sweep.
Vinyl plank floors can look beautiful even after a few days between sweeping sessions. However, it is essential to not go too long between sweeping sessions as dirt particles could damage your floors.
Combining with foot traffic, tiny dirt particles can act like sandpaper over time. This will remove the glossy finish from your vinyl plank flooring, leaving it dull and unattractive.
You should mop your vinyl plank flooring once a week to keep it looking new.
Mix warm water and dish soap in a bucket to mop vinyl plank floors. Grab your mop and get your floors dampened.
Vinyl plank flooring is highly water- and stain-resistant. Vinyl plank flooring is resistant to spillage, including coffee, urine, food, and pet urine. It is unlikely that your floor will sustain any permanent damage.
You can absorb any moisture from vinyl flooring that your pet has used to urinate on with a paper towel or a cleaning cloth before applying a cleaner. To clean the area where your pet urinated, you can use dish soap or vinegar.
Pro tip: Use a citrus-infused cleaner, vinegar, or rubbing alcohol to eliminate the odour. This will prevent your pet’s habit of urinating in that spot again in the future.
Vinyl plank flooring care
These are five ways to increase the durability of vinyl flooring.
- Vinyl flooring should not be surrounded by heavy objects. Vinyl plank flooring can be damaged by heavy furniture or heavy objects. These dents or tears can be unsightly and very difficult to fix.
- A rug should be placed underneath the furniture. To prevent heavy furniture from slipping on vinyl plank floors, place a thick rug under each piece.
- Limit sunlight exposure. Vinyl plank flooring can fade if it is exposed to direct sunlight for long periods. Blinds or curtains can be installed to prevent discolouration.
- Always lift — never drag. When moving furniture in a room with vinyl flooring, ensure that you lift it. Vinyl plank flooring can be damaged or scratched if the furniture is pushed or pulled across the floor.
- Place rugs in entryways. Place rugs in hallways and entryways. Vinyl plank flooring can be damaged by dirt and grime, so it is essential to have rugs in entrances to keep soil from tracking onto your floors.
Need Vinyl Flooring Installation In Melbourne?
Are you looking for vinyl plank flooring? We’ve got you covered! CarpetAce, a vinyl flooring store in Melbourne, has a team that can help you with your flooring renovations.
Our vinyl plank flooring experts are happy to answer any questions you may have, find the right vinyl flooring for your home and provide a quote for your project.
Call us today to learn more about our vinyl plank flooring selection and installation services.